Friday, August 13, 2010

What do chickens want?

They started off as sweet little fluffballs in a galvanized tub.



Andreas and the boys built them a perfectly comfortable chicken coop.



But now they loiter on the back porch, eyeing us through the screen doors.


I think the chickens are Up To Something.

                                                                            Stephan Pastis, Pearls Before Swine, 17 Jul 2009

FYI: In The Saturday Evening Pearls: A Pearls Before Swine Collection, Stephan Pastis lists 19 Facts I've Always Wanted to Reveal About Myself But Have Never Gotten the Chance Because Nobody Asked. Fact No. 5: "I am Icarian, meaning that my family is from a tiny island in Greece called Ikaria.  It is named for Icarus, the character in Greek mythology who ambitiously flew too close to the sun and died.  If I am lucky, this will not be a metaphor for my career."  Therefore Pastis is Andreas's cousin (yes, the island is that tiny).

No comments:

Post a Comment