Monday, August 9, 2010

Helpless in Medford

I will admit to a brief moment of insecurity with regard to refrigerator hygiene before I figured out that it was the feta causing yesterday's problem. It’s not like I don’t clean my fridge regularly. Honest. I take everything out and wipe the inside down with vinegar water every two or three weeks, which seems like it ought to be enough. But inevitably some rogue lemon half or dab of leftover fish stew gets shoved to the back and starts to make its presence known, and I'm off on yet another full-scale cleanup operation.

But I don't know about these things, not really. I grew up with a housekeeper and so never had to clean anything at all until I was all grown up and it was too embarrassing to ask how. I'm like the southern white ladies in The Help (my book club's selection for July), except I'm from California. This has given me a better attitude about civil rights, I hope, but I'm still a little grumpy about the cleaning thing.

Good thing there is the World Wide Interweb to show me the way. Check out this less than helpful tidbit from the OCD advice lady at Arm and Hammer (make sure you click on the "Fresh Fridge Solution" video.) Hah. A case of baking soda. That'll be the day. I'm not THAT insecure.

(Whoa... I just checked my Arm & Hammer link and noticed that I don't always get the "fresh fridge solution" option. Oh well, maybe you'll get some even better bicarbonate of soda tips)

No comments:

Post a Comment